Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wilted Lettuce is a favorite or ours


Here's my recipe for the Veggie swap. Wilted lettuce is one of our favorites. We eat it all year round. We have a couple of customers that always supply us with fresh vegetables and so it's always a pleasure to have fresh lettuce. It's our tradition to have it with fried mushrooms every spring. Larry is an avid mushroom hunter and always finds more than we can eat. He has a few older people that he always gives some to. He never gets tired of them and even eats them reheated in the microwave. I like them but I get tired of them after the first couple of meals. He'll start talking about mushroom hunting as soon as we have a few warm days. It's typically in middle to late April when the most are found. I haven't hunted for awhile. After almost stepping on a rattlesnake a few years ago I now have a hard time going into the woods. I sure miss it though. It's good exercise and it feels like you hit a jackpot when you spot one or more mushrooms. I can never keep up with Larry though. He tries not to get too far ahead of me. He's the one that grabbed me and yelled at me to move when I almost stepped on the deadly snake. I HATE ANY OF THEM!!! I don't watch shows that have them in it. I don't even like saying the word. Now after writing this I will have a nightmare about them being all over my house. OK, I'll calm down now. I kind of got off subject. LOL So anyway this is my recipe and I hope the gals like it.

2 comments:

Maricar said...

Sounds yummy ... and since we are on this low cal diet, we've been doing a lot of salads ... so I think wilted lettuce might make the "ok to eat" list in the Harris house!
Can't wait to get the recipe card!

Shawn said...

yummy sherry I can't wait to get my recipe card! oh my we love mushrooms!!!