Most of you know that my friend Jenny and I started a Piece Maker group at our church 2 years ago. We started out just making blankets for babies. Those were a huge hit at our local hospitals. Then we added adult blankets and donate those to Women's shelters, nursing homes, and a cancer center. One lady makes bears for the children in the women's shelter. Another lady makes pillows for them and also for surgery patients who need a tummy pillow. Now we have added hats to our list. These are donated to the cancer center for chemo patients. Hancock Fabric has a free pattern and these are what we make. I brought 4 home from our meeting last night and I hope to machine embroidery something on the brim. I am starting with a simple flower to see how it looks. We are making an assortment of colors. I plan to put a pink ribbon on the pink hats. I need to surf around and find a free online pattern for the ribbon. I haven't looked around for embroidery patterns for quite awhile. I have just been using the patterns that are already on my machine. I have the Ultimate Box and program to do all this but, haven't hooked it up to my latest computer. I need a refresher course to get this all up and running. I hope to do that this weekend. Wish me luck!!
If you have a loved one that needs a hat let me know. I hope and pray that you don't! There are so many of us affected by this horrible disease. This is just one small thing that our group can do.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










6 comments:
Sherry you are such a wonderful person to do this. I'm sure you are an angel in disguise :)
It is such a WONDERFUL thing that you do!
Sherry, I think this is awesome and would like to help out in any way that I can. Maybe once things settle down a bit we can get together
Thanks for your comments ladies. We are a very small group but I do think God works through us. We seem to get a lot of things done. Karen I hope things get better for you soon. Thanks for the offer to help. We can always use it. Shawn and some of the other ladies have sent us yarn and fabric. We appreciate it all!!
you are such a giving caring person Sherry! what you are doing is wonderful and i am sure brings happiness to people who might not otherwise have any!
Catching up on things around here.. you've been busy! This is such an awesome thing to do. :)
Post a Comment