Thursday, March 27, 2008

Crazy Easter

This has been an eventful week. Easter Sunday I woke to a phone call from my cousin saying that my uncle had passed away. He had been sick for awhile so it wasn't unexpected. Later I took the boys to church. Our family always eats Easter dinner out. It's too hectic trying to cook a large dinner and go to church. We went to Ryans which is a buffet. I always have a pep talk with myself about not over eating. I always over eat! We came home and I was relaxing and watching tv when my youngest daughter called. She was crying and had severe stomach pain. I thought maybe she had ate something bad at the restaurant. But, she gave me some shocking news. She said that she was pregnant! I was shocked. She hadn't told us yet because she knew we wouldn't be happy about it. A baby is a blessing no matter how it comes about. We thought she was having a miscarriage. I took her to the ER at 8:30 pm. Around 2:30am they decided it was appendicitis. They took her to surgery around 4:30am and she did just fine. The baby is doing good also. They did a sonogram to make sure. She had a few problems with her blood pressure and so they kept her overnight. I stayed until 4 pm on Monday then came home because I was exhausted. I brought her home Tuesday afternoon. She's still sore and has a headache today but we're very lucky they caught it before it burst and was much more serious. So I guess we'll have another grandchild around October 16th. Maybe it will be a girl this time. But, we are all used to boys at this point. LOL
I have Easter pictures to upload when I get a chance. More on the Easter egg hunt later.

3 comments:

Maricar said...

Sherry,
You're so good to know to look for blessings with unexpected pregnancies. I'm glad she's ok - and that the baby is doing fine too.

Shawn said...

babies are a blessing that is for sure. I also found out shocking news that my cousin had a baby last saturday. Noone in the family knew except her parents. She's 22 has 3 kids by 3 different fathers and well it's a mess. :( But she does have an adorable baby girl. Hugs to you Sherry maybe this will bring her some good in her life.

Kristin Michelle said...

sorry to hear about your uncle Sherry...
another grandbaby for you to love...maybe it will be a girl!
i think it is great that you are trying to positive even though it might not be the ideal situation!