Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Crazy Weather!

Yesterday it was very windy but the temp was 60 degrees. Today it's 12 degrees and windy. We had blowing snow until a couple of hours ago. Now the sun is out but the cold and wind continue. Hunter and I stayed home today. Grandpa doesn't need us at work when the weather is bad. I enjoy it while I can because spring is a super busy time for us.
I used my time at home to worked on my swaps. This is a picture of my cards that didn't make it to Maricar. I sorted them today and mailed them to all the ladies in the swap. You never know if a package will get delivered or if it will rebound back to you. Darn USPS crossed out the correct zip and wrote in another one. It was wrong so the package ended up back at my post office. Then they wanted to charge over $8 for return postage. Anyone who knows my husband can probably guess what happened next. Needless to say, he got the package and no money was exchanged. I sent him back today with my Bible Verse pages. He was upset because he had to tell the post lady 3 times that he wanted written confirmation. We'll see if this package makes it to Maricar. I was surprised when I recieved an e-mail from her today saying that the package she mailed me last week was returned to her. I wonder what's up with the USPS??? It won't keep me from joining swaps though! I also worked on some others that I am in so it was a very productive day.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Sherry those are so darn cute!!! So glad I'm in those swaps with you :) The post office is crazy! I just dont understand what there problem is!!!

Maricar said...

Hi Sherry.
Can't wait to get those bible verses. :) Love how you used the big flowers.

Crossing my fingers that the box makes it to you. I mailed it today, but it was parcel post ... so give it 5-7 days.

Patience is a virtue, yes? Just remember, I insured that box (since your CTMH stuff was in it!) ...