I had a great weekend. Saturday the girls and I went shopping. Crystal, Hunter and I ate lunch at Cracker Barrel. Then we went to JoAnn's and I got $350.00 worth of fleece for Piece Makers. I hadn't spent any budget money this year so I made up for it. We went to Hobby Lobby and I found 1/2 price paper packages that I couldn't resist. We took Hunter next door to Big Lots so he could do his shopping. He bought Bob the Builder play-doh set, a beginner skateboard, and a ride on toy. He's quite the shopper. We let him tour the pet shop then met Randi at Kohl's. We did major damage to my credit card!!! I had a 15% extra saving coupon. I got the boys a lot of shirts for summer. Both girls bought several outfits and shoes. I got a new purse and a really nice deep fryer which I am trying out tonight. Then we had dinner at Chili's. Hunter was so tired he just wanted to go home and so did I.
Sunday I stayed home from church because I woke up late. I fried mushrooms and made wilted lettuce for Larry and Trevor. In the afternoon we went up to the pond to fish. Crystal and Hunter went with us. We caught a lot of small catfish. Never did catch one big enough to keep but it was still fun. I know the bigger ones are in there but the pond was still very muddy from the last rain and maybe that's why they weren't biting. I took a little wheelbarrow, my garden rake and shovel for Hunter to play with but he still got a little bored. Next time I'll bring his fishing pole too. We had a bunch of ducks fly in and land on the water. That was a pretty awesome site. They didn't stay long because we were too noisy and scared them away. Two geese kept flying over and wanting to land but they never did while we were there. As we left to drive back down to the house we watched them walking around in the field. They were not scared of us at all. Crystal was on the 4 wheeler and drove up close to them.
I bought Larry a nature camera last October for his birthday. He has it in his favorite hunting spot. We have gotten pictures of deer, turkey, and raccoons. (a couple pics of trespassers too) We are going to buy another camera to put by the pond. It's always exciting to open the folder to see what wildlife we have captured. We keep hoping to get a picture of a bob cat. Larry has seen them in the field but nothing on camera yet. Who knows what we will see next time!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
that does sound like a great weekend! im jealous of all the shopping!
sounds like a fun weekend!!!
That sounds like a great weekend! You should share some of the nature pics!
Post a Comment