It was a nice Mother's Day Weekend. I stayed home all day Saturday. I made Parmesan crusted chicken, batter bread, homemade noodles and mashed potatoes for dinner. Crystal and Hunter came to eat with us and Hunter wanted to stayed all night. Sunday we went to San Jose's for a late lunch. We also went to Cold Stone for some ice cream treats. The girls gave me an 8x8 and a 12x12 tablet of Debbie Mumm papers. Debbie Mumm is one of my very favorite designers. I have quite a few items and lots of fabric that are her designs. I worked on my card swap and then watched Survivor. Darn, I wanted Amanda to win.
Larry finally got a turkey Sunday morning. It was the last day of season. He ran through the woods to get it after he shot wanting to make sure it didn't get away. He found it without any trouble. But when he was carrying it back out of the woods, gun in one hand and prized turkey by it's feet in the other hand, it started flailing around. He threw down his gun and grabbed it's head and held on to it. He got spurred and shook around by the turkey and then he slipped in the mud and fell down on top of it. It was a 23 pound bird so it was pretty strong. Thankfully their death throes don't go on for more than a couple minutes. What a site that would have been!! Trevor only witnessed the last part of the action but still laughs about it. Guess we'll be eating turkey this week.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment