We had a great Christmas here at home with our family. Jared and Hunter spent the night a few days before the holiday. They were mesmerized with all the presents under my little tree. (I was lazy this year and only put up a small one.) I told them that they could look but not touch. A little while later Hunter passed by me with a flashlight. I watched to see what they were up to. Sure enough, they were down on the floor shinning the light on presents trying to see the names. When I started wrapping this year I discovered that I didn't have any name tags so I did them on my computer and printed them out. I plan to do this next year because it was much easier. So all the names were clearly printed on the tags for the boys to read.
On Christmas day we pass out gifts after a late lunch. Our tradition is to take turns opening a gift starting from youngest to oldest. We had a surprise "one last present" hidden in the basement for each one. We brought them out after all the others were unwrapped. I had a bought each boy a foam sled board and they were so excited.....of course we had a record temp the next day and all the snow melted fast. But they got to use them on Saturday. I wrapped a Wii for each of my girls. Michelle got a new digital camera and tripod. We gave Craig a drill that he had been wanting. I love Christmas and always spend too much. Just ask Larry and he'll agree. But, for the most part I buy practical items. Everyone always gets clothing and the boys are happy to get them. Of course they need some toys to open too. I always get in trouble from the parents. But, I just call it payback.
Larry bought me a Wii also and we have enjoyed playing. Darrin and Hunter spent the night on Saturday. They were so excited to bowl and play baseball. Now remember, Darrin is only 6 years old and he had only bowled one game on the Wii when he challenged grandpa to a game. Would you believe he rolled a 175 game!!!!! He was so happy to beat grandpa. I had went to Walmart Friday evening and bought another controller and a couple more games. I found a Monster truck 4x4 game with a free steering wheel in the sale bin. I was excited to get it for what I thought was a great price. I knew my gang would love it. Sure enough that is the boys favorite game. I also bought Carnival games which we've only tried once but doesn't seem to be a game that we enjoy. I need to explore it without any boys around so I can figure it out. I should do more research before buying anything else. The games are kind of pricey. Anyone want to share their favorite game? I got a free game with my new controller and it has fishing. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds exciting. I also hit Ebay and bought lots of fun things. Boxing gloves, guns, sports pack, and steering wheels. I wanted 2 of each item and they were listed for a good price. Anyone have a Wii Fit? I need to research some more on that because that was why I wanted a Wii.
Now that the holidays are over I need to get back to my favorite hobby. However I packed up my scrap supplies before Thanksgiving because they had taken over my dining room and I needed the space for our family dinners. I have everything in the basement and need to decide where to organize a space. I really don't like scrapping in the basement. It is a finished basement but it just seems too detatched down there. Also I need to invest in better lighting if I decide to create a space there. I'm still holding out hope for a new addition to our house this spring so I'm hesitant to do anything permanent. So for now I run up and down the stairs gathering the supplies I need to work on my latest project. Such a pain because I'm always forgetting to grab something. I even contemplated switching the boys room to the basement so I can have their small room back as my sewing/craft room. I don't think they would like that though. I'll figure something out. Scrapbox would solve a lot of my problems. Think I can convince Larry that I desperately need one???? Me neither. :( May need to dip into my own money. (Gasp) Why does it have to be so expensive???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment