A friend of ours stopped by the elevator today and gave us a hand full of mushrooms and 4 elephant ears. (He always shares legally hunted wild game with us too.) Trevor came by our house last night and gave us 8 small gray mushrooms that he had just found. He was so proud of them. LOL So I guess we'll be having them all for supper. I hate frying the elephant ears but since we have such a meager amount of mushrooms I will add them to the skillet.
I guess mushroom season has officially begun around here. It will be several days before the large yellow ones are found in the hills though. Larry went with Sara this afternoon to the river bottoms and they found about 3 pounds. He didn't keep any of those but let her have them to give to her inlaws. It was his first hunting trip this spring and he was surprised that they found that many. You can see how we share our treasures with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
That is so nice! A friend found a few black morrels awhile ago. Let's hope that sun comes out. :) We are so ready to hunt and eat! Well I'll eat after Corey hunts! hehe
Post a Comment