Monday, April 14, 2008

Hunter's H



We've been trying to get Hunter interested in writing his name. He is having none of it. That's exactly how his mom was at his age. She hated any form of school work. In fact she cried most of the time until she hit 3rd grade. Now that was a fun few years. If I had to do it all over again I would home school her. My oldest daughter thrived on school work and still takes college courses now. Imagine my surprise when Hunter walked into the kitchen with this big letter H printed on his newest toy. I was so excited! We danced around the room and then I took lots of pictures. He smiled from ear to ear. I was hoping to encourage him to write more of his name. So far all I get is big H's. But that's a start. He is first on the waiting list for preschool next fall. I hope he gets in and more importantly I hope he likes it. There's a little part of me that would like his mom to experience the trials of sending an unwilling child to school. Payback! But, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

4 comments:

Kerry said...

This post made me smile!

Kristin Michelle said...

he just wanted to do it on his terms!
cute photo!

KELLY said...

Love this.
I'm sure with all your celebrating he'll be encouraged and want to do it more! Let's hope!

Micki said...

Hurray for Hunter!!!!!