It's been over a year since I blogged!! So many things get in the way and I feel guilty spending so much time on this laptop. Facebook is such "instant gratification" and lets me talk with lots of people everyday. Most of my computer time is spent there.
I've been staying busy with work and watching two of the grandkids while their mom works. It's hard to keep up with everything. I have a church dinner tomorrow for our new pastor and his wife. I need to do my month end statements etc at work and I have the kids all afternoon and evening. Grocery shopping needs to be done somewhere in there too. But, like a responsible adult I took this afternoon off and went to the casino with the hubby. LOL I needed a break from diapers and sippy cups. Of course I lost and he won. But that's ok since he has been on a really big winning streak. Between the slots and scratch tickets he has won a bundle the past 5 months!!! Makes him sound like a big gambler but he really isn't.
We bought a new motor for the pulling truck since the other one blew up last September. Wow that's one expensive hobby. But, it's something our whole family enjoys together. We've already booked our rooms for state fair in August. I just hope the truck stays together this whole season. Even with the bad luck in September Larry still won total points in both of his classes that he pulls in. We got two fancy jackets at the award ceremony. Looking forward for June and the beginning of season. Not sure how much video I'll get done. I'll have to take both kids with us most of the time. Wonder how I'll keep up with Shay?
Hunter got to ride in his first bikeathon today. He told me this morning that he'd been wanting to do that for 1000 years. I told him his dream would come true this afternoon. He went 1 1/2 miles and said he thought it was lame. LOL So much for that dream.
Tomorrow is Jared's Birthday. Can't believe he is nine. They are all growing in leaps & bounds. Hunter turns 6 in a couple weeks and then Darrin will be 8 a week after that. Cole turns 7 in July, Step granddaughter Jazz will be 8 in September and Ms Shay will be 2 in October. Wonder how many more grandkids we'll have. I never thought there would be this many! But I know more will arrive in the future.
So, I've been scrapping quite a bit lately. I have all my scrappy stuff organized and it's much easier to do. I can work on things while the kids play. I wasn't too keen on sharing my scrap room with them but it actually works better. I have been using some scrap kits that I ordered online from Out on a Limb Scrapbooking. They are really reasonable and I can put them together in a flash. I got a Cricut Expression for Christmas and have used it a few times. I also bought a Gypsy at a great price on Ebay. I even bought a Sure Cuts A Lot program and have a good library started of SVG files. All of those were free. I can use any font on my computer with this program too. So many things to play with......when I retire. LOL Not enough time for them so far.
I am getting so sleepy and need to wrap up this rambling. Tomorrow is a busy day at my house!!!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment