It's been a pretty quiet weekend at our house. It makes for long evenings now that it gets dark so early. We did go to the grocery store Saturday and that's always a shock. I only go once or twice a month and so it seems like I spend a lot. I spent part of the week baking for Thanksgiving. I have rolls, noodles, and pumpkin bars in the freezer. I am going to do more this week since the weather is going to be rainy. We don't have much going on at the office so I get more time at home.
We went to JoAnn Fabrics today. There is a big sale on fleece. It was 50% off and I had a bonus coupon for another 10% off my total purchase. I had the cutting lines backed up for awhile! It was really busy in there. Everyone always asks me what I'm going to do with that much fleece. I ended up spending $400 and that was after a 60% savings. I love a good sale!!
We went to watch the older boys play their second basketball game tonight. It's so fun to watch them. They are learning and getting better at playing.
For some reason I have been sorting through kitchen cabinets this week. I need to purge some of the dishes and things that I never use. Why do we keep these things? I don't get this "urge to purge" very often so I need to take advantage of it. I have been asking for a craft room to be added on for that past several years. Finally got hubby to call and get someone to come and give us an estimate on building a room and they have never made it here to see what we want. Guess I will have to remind him to call them back again tomorrow. But it will probably be over our budget. If so, I will be redoing my basement instead. Talk about purging......that will be a major job!! We have been under construction at the office for the past 2 months. The contractor is sooooo slow. We are fed up with them but they were paid last December and we're stuck with them until the job is finished. (Needless to say we aren't asking them for a bid for my new craft room.) Construction is never a fun time but, I'd be willing to put up with it for a new craft room. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year!! Maybe not......
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
I'm trying to organize too. My problem is Bethany sees me throwing stuff out and freaks! I need to start doing it at night :)
$400 on fleece ... that's a lot of fleece! I'll expect a new blanket for Cmas! (Smile!)
I have been purging and cleaning pretty regularly now. The kids know that when they buy something, something old has to go. They have been pretty good about it. I bought some new clothes and was very good about taking at least one thing out of the closet for each thing I put in. It made me feel good to pass on my stuff ...
Post a Comment