Friday, October 10, 2008

She's Here


Mom & baby Shay
Aunt Randi gets to hold her first.
Grandma & Hunter are checking her out.

Mom and kids
Proud Grandpa and grandkids

Our newest grandbaby, Shaylynn Marie, arrived at 11pm Tuesday evening. Randi and I watched as she was pushed into her new world. It was a very easy delivery and both mom and baby are fine. Hunter and grandpa were there too and got to watch as the nurse cleaned her up and took all measurments. She weighed 6lbs 15 ozs and was 19 inches long. Such a sweet baby and didn't utter a cry. Just whimpered a time or two and went to sleep. When the nurse wrapped her in the blanket she was opening her mouth everytime the blanket touched her cheek. She was ready to eat. Her fingernails were very long and needed trimmed. Hunter is a proud big brother. The other boys came up to the hospital Wednesday night and I got all their hands washed so they could take turns holding their new cousin. I printed a picture of Hunter holding baby Shay so he could take it to preschool. His teacher told me this morning that everytime somebody mentioned it yesterday he would whip the picture out of his pocket and show them. She thought that was cute. I brought mom and baby home yesterday and they are getting settled in to a new routine. They went to surprise Hunter by picking him up at school. He was very happy to see them. I drove him to school today so mom could rest. I took a lot of pictures so I'll be scrapping on Sunday afternoon. Glad I have a couple of albums ready to just add pics.

5 comments:

Kristin Michelle said...

CONGRATS!
She is precious!

Karen said...

Congrats Grannie. I am so happy for you. She is a beautiful little girl. Enjoy.

Micki said...

Congrats Grandma!!!!!

Contessa Kris said...

Awwww, what an adorable grandbaby! She is super sweet and I love her name! Congrats to you and your daughter and family!

Shawn said...

Congrats she is so cute!!!!