Monday, August 18, 2008

State Fair




We went to the state fair last weekend. The main reason was to see if Larry and Craig could qualify for the pull on Monday. We left at 9:30 Friday night. Larry had to be signed in by 10 am Saturday morning. He did qualify and the truck held together. (Yippee!) Craig also qualified in the diesel class but had a minor break. He worked on it and got it fixed before time to pull on Monday though.
Since the pull was on Monday that left us with a day to enjoy the fair. The boys had fun checking out the animals and exhibits. We walked as much as we could handle. Saturday night we bought arm bands for all 4 of them so they could have unlimited carnival rides. We got there at 9 and stayed until midnight. The all got to ride lots of times since there was only a small crowd and they didn't have to wait in line. Only one mishap in the Haunted House.....Michelle was going to take all 4 boys in by herself. Then she realized she needed help so yelled at me to come over and go in with them. I DO NOT LIKE HAUNTED HOUSES! I don't even watch scary movies or read scary books. But, being a good grandma, I didn't want to disappoint the boys so I bravely got in line behind them. We walked through the door with Michelle leading the oldest to the youngest boy and me bringing up the rear. Michelle called back and told all of us to hang onto the wall (it was pitch dark in front of her) so we'd know where to go. As she finished saying this I reached out and touched the wall at the exact same time she rounded the first corner and set off a buzzer that blared and shook the wall. Yep you got it.....I screamed bloody murder and scared the crap out of all of them. I thought Cole and Hunter were going to mow me down. I was backing up to get back out the door and they were running headlong right towards me. The other two boys and Michelle weren't far behind. Jared was scared and asked if we heard the screaming. I raised my hand and said "Yes, that was your grandma!". Needless to say, we didn't venture back in. Michelle and I laughed until we cried!! I still laugh when I think about it.
On Monday we did some shopping and hit some stores in town. After herding 4 boys all weekend we were exhausted. So, Monday night the three of us gals thought we deserved a treat and all got expensive purses at one of the booths in the fair. (I won't say how much I paid for 3 purses.) But since Larry said I could get one, I bought one for me and one for Crystal and Michelle. I have never paid that much for a purse in my entire life. But I sure do love it! The girls were excited to get theirs too.
Monday evening was the big pull event. Larry's class was before Craig's. He started out great but of course something broke and he didn't get to show the crowd what he could really do. He was so disappointed!! Later Craigs's diesel class pulled and his truck held together. He got first place and a huge trophy. We were all excited!!! After loading up we headed home. It was around 2:30 am when we pulled in the driveway.
Since we were gone, one of our emplyees had to supervise the delivery of my new washer and dryer on Monday. I was so excited to see them already installed and ready for me to use. I love them!!! After reading the manuals on Tuesday morning I decided to try them out. Hunter and I watched through the glass top on the washer. We were entertained by the way the washer worked. You couldn't even hear it spin! It uses a lot less water and the clothes come out much cleaner. The dryer was so fast that I had to wait for the second load of clothes to get done washing. Amazing!!




4 comments:

Micki said...

Hurray for the fair!!! Hurrrrrrayyyyy for FIRST PLACE!!!!

Shawn said...

We didn't even make it to the fair this year darn it! I love the pics the boys are adorable!

Annette said...

That looks like so much FUN!! Great pictures!

Kerry said...

I am really laughing out loud about the haunted house! That is so something I could see me doing. I hae scary things too! I want to see a pic of your new purse!