We finally got the renters out of our house on Friday. You can't imagine what kind of mess they left. How do people live in such filth??? Their sons bedroom was still wall to wall toys and a playpen full to the top with clothes. The hot wheels toddler bed was also filled with toys. All the floors were covered with trash and stains. Two windows were broken and had blankets stuffed. They had ripped up the master bathroom carpet except under the stool and in front of the tub. We took away 5 pickup loads of trash. We hauled 5 pickup loads to the local auction. I sorted through the clothing and ended up with a trash bag full of boys clothes to take home and wash. There were 6 jackets that looked new, lots of shirts and shorts, and some nice jeans. We also salvaged lots of toys. A VTech/VFlash game system with 2 games, a battery operated 4 wheeler, lots of trucks and motorcycles and WWF action figures. Needless to say I disinfected everything! We started on it Friday afternoon and were cleaning like crazy because a couple wanted to look at it Saturday at noon. When everything was hauled out of the house we began cleaning ceiling fixtures and walls. I had to empty the vaccum cannister 2-3 times per room. The couple liked the house and we rented it. They agreed to finish cleaning and plan to paint and put down new flooring that we will pay for. How lucky is that?? We're also putting in all new windows since the existing ones are so old.
There was a truck pull Saturday evening. So even though we were tired from all the cleaning we decided to go. This is a video of our first truck pull this season. I apologize for the shaking. It's the first video I've taken with my camera and I thought it did pretty good. The truck wasn't running top notch and Larry was disappointed with his distance. I'm sure he'll do better at the next pull. I'm always thankful that if he can drive it off the track and it doesn't need to be towed. So Summer has officially begun for us.










4 comments:
omg! i can not beleive someone would leave a mess like that! sounds like the new renters are much better!
How sad that they left all of those clothes and toys! I hope the new renters are much better!
Good luck with the new bunch!
Post a Comment